Skip to main content

Violence Towards Women

I'm old school enough that I tend to avoid using force against women.  I'm not generally a fan of force/violence in every day situations anyway, but it's less of an option in my mind when the other person lacks a Y chromosome.  Still, I think I may have been tricked into using force against the fairer sex.  Now before I get vilified, let me explain.

I was in Disneyland with a Mild Ex, and we were walking from one ride to the next.  There were a bunch of people around, as usual, and we were navigating the crowds.  There was a group of rowdy teenagers off to our right, and we were trying to avoid them by walking around them.  However, one of the guys was being sillier than the rest, and he was literally backing into us.  So, I put out a hand to make sure he didn't crash into us, and gave him a light push in the back to make sure he knew there were people behind him.

And that's when I felt a bra strap.

Yup, that "dude" was actually a girl.  Now, she clearly knew she was in the wrong, because she immediately apologized for acting like a doofus.  And she didn't go flying, I only applied enough force to extend my arm.  Still, I felt bad.

Of course, it didn't help that the Mild Ex immediately questioned me about the use of violence towards women.  I told her what I'm telling all 9 of the people who read this, "I didn't know!"  And like I said, I hardly sent her flying.  I was tricked, dammit.

Still, I think I'm going to have to do two good deeds this week to make up for this wrong (dammit).  In fact, if I don't, I think you're allowed to smack me (double dammit).

Comments

  1. Can one of those good deeds be giving me $20? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said good deeds, not letting myself get conned. Besides, I did end up doing two good deeds that week, so I'm set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat

So, my sister had a kid, so I have a new baby nephew these days. He's the first in my immediate family, so there's all sorts of excitement having to do with him. We are all very excited for his parents, and we're all very excited to meet him. My parents, understandably, were the most excited of the immediate family to meet him. They were the first to spend time with my sister and my nephew, and they were quite happy about the whole thing. The funniest part, to me, was that my mom insisted that my nephew looks like me. I didn't really think much of it, since there's almost always someone who insists that family member X looks like family member Y. Of course, my mom has years and years of experience with this whole baby thing. Also, she's MY mother, so she is one of the two foremost authorities on what I looked like as a baby. Not even I can say what I looked like as a baby, so I really should've listened when she threw out that particular tidbit. In fact,...

Nicknames Again

In a post from a while back , I mentioned that people around me end up with nicknames fairly frequently. It's not always my doing, but I am more than happy to play along. Of course, the best part isn't the actual nickname, it's always the back story that leads to the nickname. And since it's been a while since that previous post, I've picked up a few more stories about nicknames that are worth a chuckle. So, without further ado, I present to you: "ADT" You know how people pay for security systems for their houses? One of the most well-known companies is called ADT . My brother likes to say that he has no need for said security systems because one of his neighbors is constantly on the lookout for what's going on in the neighborhood. She's like a one-person neighborhood watch, complete with a side of the neighborhood gossip. He has actually come home and had her tell him about the comings and goings of his wife. My brother's smart aleck str...

Combinations

Unfortunately, this pandemic seems to be drawing out even farther. I'd started to think that we might be getting over the hump, but the number of cases keep rising and there are new variants that seem to be causing concern all over again. I'm not predicting doom and gloom, but let's just say that I'm not surprised that some counties are starting to issue lockdown and mask rules again. Ultimately, that means that the Mild Wife and I have to ensure our mask game is on point again. We still have a few from the initial bout of sewing  but it's sure looking like we're going to need masks in the near future. Given that, I figured I might as well start making a few more. Of course, I've got a few more reps under my belt now, so I can start to think more about how we want the finished product to look rather than the mechanics of whether or not I threaded the machine properly. The latest sewing blog post happened to be about masks, and it was from a few weeks ago, s...