Skip to main content

Interesting Solution 2

Every now and then, I come across some "clever" way of solving a problem that is too good to keep to myself. The verbal rock-paper-scissors thing made me laugh enough that I figured I'd share it. I mean, we could've solved that particular problem in any number of ways, but the manner in which we chose to attack that problem maximized the amount of laughter.

In keeping with that tradition, allow me to present my latest find. This one comes courtesy of Sur La Table, which has all sorts of cooking-related items. I actually think the Mild Wife and I walked in there because we were killing time, not so much because we needed anything. Still, that meant we had time to peruse the various goods.

Before I actually show you the item in question, let me set up the problem that this thing is meant to solve. Every now and then, you need to do something like pull pork so that it's easy to eat. As much as pork is delicious, I don't think you want to sit down to a giant hock every single time. The same goes for shredded chicken; it sometimes works better if you turn it into small strips of chicken rather than a larger piece of it. I've yet to see a burrito with a hunk of meat in it, for example.

So, given this particular problem, the solution I've seen is to manually pull it all apart. I bet you could probably use a knife if you wanted to, but then you'd have to hack at a hunk of meat and deal with the bones. Unless you really want clean slices, it's probably not worth the effort.

As an alternative, however, Sur La Table offers you these:
Some of you already know where this is going
Yes, claws. Three of them on each hand, to be exact. If you're reading this, then there are pretty good odds that you had the same reaction I did. Those claws are awfully reminiscent of a certain comic book character:
Wolverine
Yeah, Wolverine. Sur La Table sells Wolverine claws. They're purportedly for shredding meat, but I suspect I am not the only person to have walked in there and started being a comic book geek upon seeing that item.

Like I said, that seems like an awfully interesting solution to this problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat

So, my sister had a kid, so I have a new baby nephew these days. He's the first in my immediate family, so there's all sorts of excitement having to do with him. We are all very excited for his parents, and we're all very excited to meet him. My parents, understandably, were the most excited of the immediate family to meet him. They were the first to spend time with my sister and my nephew, and they were quite happy about the whole thing. The funniest part, to me, was that my mom insisted that my nephew looks like me. I didn't really think much of it, since there's almost always someone who insists that family member X looks like family member Y. Of course, my mom has years and years of experience with this whole baby thing. Also, she's MY mother, so she is one of the two foremost authorities on what I looked like as a baby. Not even I can say what I looked like as a baby, so I really should've listened when she threw out that particular tidbit. In fact,...

Nicknames Again

In a post from a while back , I mentioned that people around me end up with nicknames fairly frequently. It's not always my doing, but I am more than happy to play along. Of course, the best part isn't the actual nickname, it's always the back story that leads to the nickname. And since it's been a while since that previous post, I've picked up a few more stories about nicknames that are worth a chuckle. So, without further ado, I present to you: "ADT" You know how people pay for security systems for their houses? One of the most well-known companies is called ADT . My brother likes to say that he has no need for said security systems because one of his neighbors is constantly on the lookout for what's going on in the neighborhood. She's like a one-person neighborhood watch, complete with a side of the neighborhood gossip. He has actually come home and had her tell him about the comings and goings of his wife. My brother's smart aleck str...

Ceviche Fest

Let me start this post by saying that ceviche happens to be my favorite food. If you've never had it, it's delicious. There are a bunch of different ways to make it, but the Peruvian version that I grew up with always hits a nostalgic spot in my heart. Keep that little nugget in mind, because it will make the rest of this post just a little more entertaining. That said, a while back, I was joking around with some of my family. I don't quite remember how it started, but someone said something along the lines of, "I wish I had more time to do X." I responded with a smart aleck, "I wish I had ceviche." Well, my brother and sister happened to be part of that conversation, and they also concurred that ceviche would be pretty awesome. We did grow up together, after all. After that, though, a magical thing happened: my brother suggested we make this happen. Do you have certain traditions that you always did with your parents? It doesn't really matter...