Skip to main content

Reactions

A while back, one of the Mild Exes and I broke up. It was messier than I would have liked, but them's the breaks. It was actually a pretty amusing story (a juicer figured prominently), but in keeping with the "don't air dirty laundry" rule, I'll refrain from telling it here. However, people's reactions to the story are fair game, since I'm not divulging state secrets in the process. More importantly, they were freaking hilarious.

Remember, all of these came off the cuff pretty much immediately after hearing what had gone down:

  • Friend 1: "You're right, it's a fun story, though I think it needs a little less profanity"
    Friend 2: "Really? Because I think it needs MORE"

    I couldn't help but burst out laughing at this. I'm not going to lie; I felt like high-fiving that second friend immediately afterward and declaring her my best friend for the week.
  • Friend 1: "Where do you find these women?!"
    Friend 2: "Yeah, you need to start a private blog so we can vet them for you. Clearly, your processes are insufficient."

    This is not the first time that someone has offered advice about my dating life, but this particular iteration cracked me up. Apparently, I need to add some more technology in to the mix, so that I can get geographically-disparate suggestions about the whole thing.
  • Friend: "Heh, it's a juicy story"

    There's always one person who likes puns in the crowd.
  • Friend: "Arg, I'm just so mad about this on your behalf. I want to punch something."

    Remember, this was someone else talking, not me. The really funny thing is that this friend is usually polite, calm, and rational. Hearing her say that was incredibly funny because of the contrast. I think I'm going to have to add her to my army for world domination.
  • Friend: "Aw, you did WHAT? Nah, Sam, you're too soft"

    Different friend as the item above, but the commentary for that item applies here, as well. I apparently need to be more of a hard-ass from here on out.
  • It wasn't a quote, but my brother created a scale/measurement system for what he dubbed "the crazy." I'll give him credit, he thought the whole thing out. There were different factors, each was weighted appropriately, and there was even a divisor thrown in to the mix to accurately describe how much people are willing to put up with (the "hotness" factor, if you must know). It wasn't quite up to scientific-quality, but it wasn't too far off, either.

    The explanation alone had me laughing for like five minutes.
In hindsight, I actually laughed so much about the whole thing, that I look back on the whole thing with a chuckle. Note that this also means that if and when the next break up happens, I'll have some good comedy waiting for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combinations

Unfortunately, this pandemic seems to be drawing out even farther. I'd started to think that we might be getting over the hump, but the number of cases keep rising and there are new variants that seem to be causing concern all over again. I'm not predicting doom and gloom, but let's just say that I'm not surprised that some counties are starting to issue lockdown and mask rules again. Ultimately, that means that the Mild Wife and I have to ensure our mask game is on point again. We still have a few from the initial bout of sewing  but it's sure looking like we're going to need masks in the near future. Given that, I figured I might as well start making a few more. Of course, I've got a few more reps under my belt now, so I can start to think more about how we want the finished product to look rather than the mechanics of whether or not I threaded the machine properly. The latest sewing blog post happened to be about masks, and it was from a few weeks ago, s...

Ceviche Fest

Let me start this post by saying that ceviche happens to be my favorite food. If you've never had it, it's delicious. There are a bunch of different ways to make it, but the Peruvian version that I grew up with always hits a nostalgic spot in my heart. Keep that little nugget in mind, because it will make the rest of this post just a little more entertaining. That said, a while back, I was joking around with some of my family. I don't quite remember how it started, but someone said something along the lines of, "I wish I had more time to do X." I responded with a smart aleck, "I wish I had ceviche." Well, my brother and sister happened to be part of that conversation, and they also concurred that ceviche would be pretty awesome. We did grow up together, after all. After that, though, a magical thing happened: my brother suggested we make this happen. Do you have certain traditions that you always did with your parents? It doesn't really matter...

Timer

There are a bunch of everyday tasks around the Mild Home that require waiting some amount of time. Say I put want to put something in the oven, I need to make sure that I take it out after a set amount of time. I mean, bad things happen if you leave food in the oven for a long time. If you're lucky, it's just inedible; if you're unlucky, then the smoke alarm is involved. Quite a few of them involve food (steep the tea for X minutes, uncover the pot after Y minutes, etc.), so that should come as no surprise. However, I recently had to use baking soda and vinegar to help unclog a sink. As I discovered, you don't just dump those things down the sink. You wait 5-10 minutes after mixing those ingredients in the sink, to let them do their thing. Otherwise, it just fizzes for a bit, and nothing really happens. In either case, I needed to wait for a set amount of time. Now, when it comes to setting a timer, I have a few options. There are timers on the stove and on my cell phon...