Skip to main content

Getting Creative on the Dance Floor

Do any of you remember the sprinkler dance? The one that is generally considered to be a goof-off type thing? Or as my friend once described it, the one "that only [her] super embarrassing brother would ever do in a club?"

I think I may have found something that tops that, in sheer brilliance and hilarity. Well, more like my sister found it, but same difference. She was talking to one of her fiancé's coworkers, and he was telling her that he likes to dance. Even better, he was telling her about how he dances, and he had to give a verbal description of what he does.

So, I present to you "the light bulb:"

  • "First, you pretend like you're unscrewing a light bulb."
    You want to pretend like the light bulb is off to your side, rather than in front of you. That gives the full visual effect of unscrewing the light bulb. Also, just use one hand rather than both. It's not as if you really need both hands, anyway. You can put a slight bend in your waist if you want to add in a little flair.
  • "Next, pretend the light bulb fell and broke on the ground"
    This is the best part. You have to act surprised, because light bulbs smashing on the ground aren't exactly a common or favorable occurrence. The way my sister demonstrated it, her hands were also out to the side in one of those "what do I do now?" type poses. You can really make or break this move with this pose. It's a momentary thing, but if done properly, this is the part that's going to make you laugh (in a good way).
  • "Lastly, stomp on the light bulb, to ... well, just stomp on it"
    I have no idea why you would ever choose to do this, but apparently this is the last step. Again, a little creativity helps here, but if you just use one foot to stomp, it can look more rhythmic than if you just jump up and down.
And there it is, the "Light Bulb."

I've never met the guy, but he's apparently an awesome guy, and just really likes to be himself. There's no shame in that, and he has fun while he's doing it, so what's the harm? Also, for anyone who feels like making fun of him, most accounts say that girls are so amused by this dance, that they will often come up to him and start talking to him as a result. How you like dem apples?

Given all of that, I would really, really like to see this done in person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for the Suck

I've mentioned it before, but I like to watch some Netflix while I do the dishes . I don't remember when I started the practice, but it's become a routine at this point. It gives me something to focus on while I do chores, and it makes the whole experience more enjoyable. All in all, it seems like a good idea to me. Now, I know that my screen time is limited. I'm certainly not going to wash dishes for two hours, so I can't watch an entire movie in one go. Heck, half the time, I can't even watch half of a movie in a single session. Ultimately, that drives my viewing preferences, so that I tend to favor episodic shows. Basically, that's how I watch some show or another: one dishwashing session at a time. Recently, that's been the Star Trek: Enterprise show. I never watched it when it first came out on television, so this is my chance to see the whole series. As with many series, there are some good episodes and some not-so-good episodes. Still, it's a...

The Joys of Coding

I normally don't blog about what I do (I'm a software developer), because 1) I've already got a work blog that's more suited for that, and 2) I'm a software developer, so most of the time it's not amusing. Sure, I find it interesting, and I learn things every day. However, unless you already lean towards Computer Science, it's not going to be very amusing to you. So, for the sake of keeping my audience (all 4 of them) happy, I stay away. Today, I'm going to break that rule, because my work actually did cause mild amusement. So, without further ado ... I've got a deadline coming up fairly soon, so I've been coding away for the last few days. It's not busy enough where I'm stressing about it, but let's just say it's a little easier to concentrate on my work these days. In it of itself, that's not news-worthy, but because I've been more productive lately, I've also been generating more working code lately. That...

Copycat

So, my sister had a kid, so I have a new baby nephew these days. He's the first in my immediate family, so there's all sorts of excitement having to do with him. We are all very excited for his parents, and we're all very excited to meet him. My parents, understandably, were the most excited of the immediate family to meet him. They were the first to spend time with my sister and my nephew, and they were quite happy about the whole thing. The funniest part, to me, was that my mom insisted that my nephew looks like me. I didn't really think much of it, since there's almost always someone who insists that family member X looks like family member Y. Of course, my mom has years and years of experience with this whole baby thing. Also, she's MY mother, so she is one of the two foremost authorities on what I looked like as a baby. Not even I can say what I looked like as a baby, so I really should've listened when she threw out that particular tidbit. In fact,...